What you will need:
- Black beans, boiled and drained about 2 cups
- Maize kernels, boiled and drained about 2 cups
- 2 Large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1 Large green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- Ground coriander
- 1 C. Water
- Royco chicken flavour
- Curry powder
- Black pepper
- Any type of dried beans work for this recipe
- Unlike the traditional githeri, I decided to mix the maize and beans while frying.
- Make sure the maize in well pre-boiled and is very soft.
- You can season your githeri anyway you want
- On high heat, place clean pan and add oil. Add the garlic and onions and stir till an aroma is released.
- Add the tomatoes and cover pan. Wait for the tomatoes to become soft and tender.
- Add the boiled maize and the beans. Stir till distributed evenly.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the water. Stir occasionally till they dry out. Add the water and stir.
- Let the githeri simmer on low fire till all the water is gone.
- Remove from fire and serve.